In this week’s live Facebook Tea Talk, (every Tuesday at 11:30am EDT) we enjoyed our mini Crab Puffs. These are perfect if you’re looking for a savoury treat to enjoy with your afternoon tea and are ideal when they’re straight from the oven. Plus they’re so simple to make!
See below for the recipe!
- 1 package Tenderflake Puff Pastry
- 1 package Imitation Crab, cut into small pieces
- 8oz container whipped cream cheese
- 2 green onions, minced
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne or paprika (whatever you prefer)
- Defrost frozen pastry overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a bowl, mix together the pieces of imitation crab, cream cheese, green onions, the juice of half a lemon, salt, pepper and cayenne or paprika. Mix well.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry into sheets (you may need to sprinkle with a bit of flour), and cut small circles out of the pastry sheet with a glass or round cookie cutter.
- Place the circles onto the parchment paper.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the crab mix onto each pastry round.
- When all the pastry circles have crab mix on them, and crab mix has run out, put the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the puffs are golden brown.