In this week’s live Facebook Tea Talk, we enjoyed our miniature Frittatas (similar to a quiche but no pastry bottom) with Red Peppers and Smoked Gouda. These are perfect if you’re looking for a savoury treat to enjoy with your afternoon tea.
See below for the recipe!
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 1/4 Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Smoked Gouda, cubed into small pieces
- 4 Eggs
- Splash of Milk
- Salt & Pepper
- Dried Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter to a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Put the roasted red pepper and onion in the pan and fry until soft & onions are golden.
- Meanwhile, butter a sheet of small muffin tins.
- When the pepper / onion mix is complete, divvy the mixture out into the buttered muffin tins.
- Add the smoked gouda cubes on top.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, splash of milk, salt, pepper, and dried parsley with a fork.
- Into each muffin tin, pour the egg mixture in and fill to about 3/4 the way each (they will puff up an expand).
- Put the muffin tray into the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops puff up, bubble and brown slightly.
- Enjoy with afternoon tea!