Each week on our Tea Amo Facebook page, we have been doing a live tea talk for #TeaTimeTuesdays! This gives us an opportunity to answer any questions viewers may have, talk all things tea, and add a little light-heartedness to all of our days.
During our April 21st Tea Time Tuesday, our treat-of-the-day was our “Perfect Egg Salad” Finger Sandwiches, and now we’re happy to share the recipe with our readers.
What you will need:
- White Vinegar
- Green Onions
- Salt & Pepper
- Mayo or Green Goddess Dressing
- Place your eggs into a medium pot of lukewarm water with a splash of vinegar.
- Bring the pot to a rolling boil over medium high heat.
- Let your eggs boil for 30 seconds.
- Cover the pot with a tight fitting lid and remove the pot from heat.
- Let the pot stand for 12 minutes.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and place into a bowl of ice water. Dry off and let cool – your eggs are ready!
- Place your de-shelled eggs into a bowl and slice into small pieces with a knife.
- Into the bowl, mix in small pieces of celery (1/4 cup), small sliced green onions (2 tbsp), salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tbsp of mayo or Green Goddess Salad dressing. (Feel free to add to or lessen this amount based on your preferences.)
- This mixture can be kept in a fridge overnight or added straight onto your bread. (We love classic white wonder bread with the egg salad mixture. Be sure to cut off your crusts for afternoon tea!)
- Enjoy with tea 💕☕